We’re approaching a year since we finished this ‘69 Shovelhead build, so we figured it would be a good time to revisit the motorcycle and highlight some of our favorite aspects.
The first thing most people notice about the bike is the paint. The owner of the bike asked for Aurora Borealis-themed colors. A tall order indeed, so we commissioned Nathan Sykes to execute the tank and fender which he did with the high-quality work we’ve come to expect.
Apart from the paint, everything else was done in-house here in Charlotte, NC.
From front to back, there are a slew of our parts including:
- Vintage Cloth Covered 16g Electrical Wire
- “Super Prism” Throttle
- “Super Prism” Throttle Cable Kit
- Fish Scale Grips
- Custom Handlebars
- Wagner Style Master Cylinder
- Universal 3-Position Key Switch
- Universal 3-Position Key Switch Transmission Mount Bracket
- Cloth Spark Plug Wires
- Sling Shot Clutch Control
- Shifter Peg
- Sling Shot Clutch Rod Kit
- Jockey Shifter
- Ripple Shift Knob
- Custom Exhaust
- Custom Sissy Bar
- Rigid Frame Leather King Cobra Vertical Tuck N Roll Seat
- Two Weld-On Ripple Tail Lights
The Shovel was a fun build without a doubt, but we’re excited for our next project which will be a mechanical restoration on our ‘52 Panhead barn find which actually won’t feature a laundry list of our parts, but will be as true to original as possible.
Make sure you don’t miss any of that restoration by following us on Instagram for the latest, subscribe to our newsletter (at the bottom of our home page) for exclusive deals and subscribe to our YouTube channel for DIY and instructional videos like Chain Drive Installs, Sling Shot Clutch Assembly + much more.